:: Tryout Requirements
- Per NCAA rules and regulations, tryouts for a prospective student-athlete (PSA) may be conducted ONLY:
- For high school seniors - in the term other than the term in which the PSA’s sport competes (For example, if the PSA competes in the Fall semester, a tryout may only occur in the Spring semester)
- For 2-year college students – at the conclusion of the sport season or after the student has exhausted their 2 year eligibility
- For 4-year college students – at the conclusion of the sport season AND must have a written release or permission to contact
- Additional NCAA Requirements:
- A PSA must have a current physical examination completed by a team physician or other licensed medical professional. The physical must have been administered within the last 6 months. Please click here for a physical form (required form #1).
- A PSA must have sickle cell testing results. Please click here for sickle cell policy statement and a sickle cell physician certification (required form #2, option #1) to be completed by your primary physician. If due to personal circumstances, knowing the risks associated with sickle cell trait, a PSA may sign a waiver of sickle cell trait testing (required form #2, option #2).
- A PSA must sign a written release and waiver of liability (required form #3).
- Institutional Requirements:
- For 2-year and 4-year college students, an unofficial transcripts from your former or current institution should be provided.
Please note that if you do not have the above documentation submitted 5 DAYS prior to the tryout date, you will NOT be able to participate!
- Documentation may be emailed to the appropriate coach or sent via fax to (229) 931-2143