:: Tryout Requirements
- Per NCAA rules and regulations, tryouts for a prospective student-athlete (PSA) may be conducted ONLY:
- For high school seniors - in the term other than the term in which the PSA’s sport competes or after high school teams’ final contest during their traditional season (For example, if the PSA competes in the Fall semester, a tryout may only occur in the Spring semester)
- For 2-year college students – at the conclusion of the sport season or after the student has exhausted their 2 year eligibility
- For 4-year college students – at the conclusion of the sport season AND must have a written release or permission to contact
- Additional NCAA Requirements:
- A PSA must have a current physical examination completed by a team physician or other licensed medical professional. The physical must have been administered within the last 6 months. Please click here for a physical form (required form #1).
- A PSA must have sickle cell testing results. Please click here for sickle cell policy statement and a sickle cell physician certification (required form #2, option #1) to be completed by your primary physician. If due to personal circumstances, knowing the risks associated with sickle cell trait, a PSA may sign a waiver of sickle cell trait testing (required form #2, option #2).
- A PSA must sign a written release and waiver of liability (required form #3).
- Institutional Requirements:
- For 2-year and 4-year college students, an unofficial transcripts from your former or current institution should be provided.
Please note that if you do not have the above documentation submitted 3 DAYS prior to the tryout date, you will NOT be able to participate!
- Documentation may be emailed to the appropriate coach or sent via fax to (229) 931-2143