MONTGOMERY, Ala. – A six-run fourth inning that included home runs by Jonathan Martin and Bradley Hough propelled the Georgia Southwestern State University baseball team to a 10-4 victory over Tuskegee University Tuesday evening at Paterson Field.
- GSW won its second consecutive game and improved to 10-32 overall this spring.
- Tuskegee saw its three-game winning streak come to an end and its record drop to 12-29.
- Kole Clark led a trio of Hurricane batters to finish with multiple hits. Clark went 2-for-3, walked twice, drove in a pair of runs and scored three times.
- Tyler Skelton and Andy Moore both finished 2-for-4 with a walk. Skelton had a double and an RBI.
- Hough's home run in the fourth inning was a grand slam. It was the first GSW grand slam since April 1, 2017, a blast off the bat of Martin.
- Freshman relief pitcher Jared Donalson earned his first collegiate victory (1-0) after four innings on the hill. Donalson held Tuskegee to one run and three hits, walked one and struck out four.
- A.J. Hayes threw 1 2/3 innings of scoreless relief to close out the game.
- For Tuskegee, Matthew Reed went 2-for-5 with a double and a pair of RBIs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- A two-out infield single by Clark in the second inning gave GSW an early 1-0 lead.
- Moore led off the fourth inning with a single and scored on the next GSW at bat, the home run by Martin.
- GSW's first seven batters reached base safely in the six-run fourth inning.
- Tuskegee hurlers hit three Hurricane batters with pitches and walked seven in the game.
- GSW held Tuskegee scoreless over the final four innings.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- GSW posted 10 hits, Tuskegee was held to six.
- GSW left seven runners on base, Tuskegee stranded 10.
- Neither side committed an error.
- A three-game Peach Belt Conference series at UNC Pembroke this weekend closes out the Hurricanes season. First pitch of Saturday's doubleheader is slated for 1 p.m.