September 5, 2012
Women's Basketball Open Tryout Date Set
AMERICUS - The Georgia Southwestern women's basketball team has scheduled an open tryout for Wednesday, Sept. 12 at 3:30 p.m. in the Storm Dome under the direction of head coach Kelly Britsky.
All tryout participants must be enrolled at GSW and be full-time students.
In addition, prospective student-athlete (PSA) will have to have:
- Additional NCAA Requirements:
- A PSA must have a current physical examination completed by a team physician or other licensed medical professional. The physical must have been administered within the last 6 months. Please click here for a physical form.
- A PSA must have sickle cell testing results. Please click here for sickle cell policy statement and a sickle cell physician certification to be completed by your primary physician. If due to personal circumstances, knowing the risks associated with sickle cell trait, a PSA may sign a sickle cell-specific written release and waiver of liability.
- Please note that if you do not have the above documentation completed prior to the tryout date, you will NOT be able to participate!
- Finally, participants will be required to sign a general liability waiver before taking the floor.
For more information, contact assistant coach Kelly Turman at 931-6990.